Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Reunion 2011 and More

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are having a great summer so far.  June flew by so quickly, I hope that July and August can be savored.

This is a special edition of the blog, in October the regular schedule will resume.  I just wanted to share a reunion recap and a few other tidbits.

Sadly I was unable to make it to our 35 year reunion but it was a treat to have Lynn Savino call me from the festivities on the Saturday evening.  Thanks, Lynn!  And thanks JD for your kind words that I heard over the telephone.

Some special thanks are in order - to John Dolan, thanks to you and Kathy for hosting the class bbq and all in all for being a great collaborator on these reunions.  We work well together across the miles and I look forward to our next reunion! The weekend could not come together without you!!

Also a thank you to Kevin Mariani for his help in securing the DJ. Thanks for easing our load by doing this! It's nice to get our to-do list shortened so we appreciate your help.

To Audrey Scordato, wow, you did a wonderful job mapping the classmates' locations and on the sign-in book.  Thank so much!!! We can do it again for the next reunion.  For those classmates who did not attend and see the map, here is the photo.



And here is the breakdown of the location of classmates. (We are still unable to locate some classmates so the totals will not add up to the total of classmates in our class).   I heard that a few classmates found out that they lived in close proximity to each other.  It is great for you to have reconnected at the reunion! 

New Jersey - 71
New York - 27
Virginia - 2
Vermont- 2
Illinois - 4

Texas - 5
Missouri - 1
Florida - 11
Pennsylvania - 6
New Mexico - 1

Maine- 1
Connecticut - 9
California - 2
Tennessee - 4
Alabama - 1

Indiana - 1
Colorado - 3
South Dakota - 1
North Carolina - 1
Massachusetts - 1

Minnesota - 1
Georgia - 4
Wisconsin - 1
Utah - 2
Ohio - 1

Michigan - 1
Oklahoma - 1
Ontario, CA  - 1

Also a shout-out to Mr. Dennis O'Connor and Ms. Barbara Croucher Fernicola for once again sharing a special evening with our class.   We all have wonderful memories of your classes at MHS!

And last, but not least, thank you to all the classmates and their spouses/dates who attended and made the weekend a success.
                                                      *****


In speaking and emailing with classmates who attended the reunion activites, I have gathered up the comments to share with the class.  By all accounts it was a wonderful weekend full of fun!

"It was really nice talking to all. The food was really great. It seemed we had a great time. Easy to mingle with everyone."

"A success.  Had a really good time and it's always nice to get togeehter with our Class of '76".

"I had a great time."

"The reunion was awesome!"

"A great weekend."

"Great time as always and looking forward to the next one.  Thanks to everyone that traveled to attend."

"The reunion was fun.  It was very nice to catch up with some of you and I guess I'll have to catch up with the rest at the next reunion! lol  Oh, and here's a halfway funny insight...I was sort of (very) nervous when I approached the sign-in table. since I absolutely DID NOT recognize the two nice gals with the list.  I was very relieved to learn they were wives of fellow classmates, pitching in to help at the reunion.  WHEW! I failed miserably recognizing some of my classmates anyway, but mostly due to the fact that I really didn't hang out with them all those years ago. :-) "

"Can't wait til the next reunion!"

"I would also like to take a moment to say what a great weekend it was, starting at JD's and ending two days later in the hotel bar."

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Below is a sneak peek at some of the photos taken over the course of the reunion weekend. To see more photos click on this link for the on-line photo album. (By doing a separate album it makes for a faster download of this blog).

 http://tinyurl.com/3bkd6vt



     


Now a few non-reunion blurbs....
Congratulations to these graduates, Class of 2011.....

Above is Athena, daughter of Linda Swickle who graduated from high school....best wishes as you head off  to college!


Emma, daughter of Debbie Demeduk (both shown below) graduated from the University of Denver ...congratulations!



Kristen, daughter of John Dolan graduated from the University of Connecticut....congratulations!

And to anyone else who had a child graduate this year, please accept our congratulations, too!

                                                                    ******
Wedding bells will be ringing!

Kristen, one of  Diane Jessop's daughters is getting married in June next year.
Sydnie, my daughter will be getting married in February. 
(Diane and I will compare notes!  Fun times ahead being a mother-of-the-bride!  Best wishes to our girls.)

Wedding bells have rung!
Congrats to Mary Claire Mullin's daughter Jennifer who got married in May of this year.  Best wishes!

Anniversary Congrats to:
Cathy Swickle and her husband Ken who celebrate in July
Maureen Benson and her husband Alan who celebrate in August

                                                                ******

If you have any news that you would like to share, please do!  You can send me any photos that you would like the class to see also.  This blog is for our class so it relies on your contributions.  Thanks!  To contact me you can email me at mahwahhighschool1976@yahoo.com or reply to one of my emails that I have sent you using my tcc address. (I don't want to publicly list that address on here.)

Thanks so much for reading!  I will send out a mass email prior to the October update to let you know that it is in the works.


Have a wonderful and safe summer!

Sue Montgomery Lane

*****                                                               
LATE BREAKING INSERT from Joe Sinnaeve:
Check out what we did on our Summer Vacation. The video shows it being built.


http://fortlee.patch.com/articles/watch-video-mahwah-makes-biggest-smiley#video-6824366

Joe and his daughter Andrea were the last two people of the smile on the right side.  Guiness Book of World Records!!  Awesome!!

 *****                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment